GRANT WRITER INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
The Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts seeks a Grant Writer Intern to assist the non-profit organization in applying for public and private grant opportunities.
The Center seeks a strong writer who complements the Turner Center mission, which is to promote and celebrate the arts as the regional center for cultural enrichment, art education and entertainment. A successful grant writer for this internship must have:
- Insight to research and understand grant writing guidelines for targeted foundations and organizations.
- Ability to write proposals that make compelling cases for art education funding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent detail and organizational skills.
- Time-management skills to ensure that grant proposals and reports are submitted on time, meet guidelines, and are of consistently high quality.
- Ability to participate as part of a team to complete specific projects.
- Multi-tasking and problem-skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other software as needed.
- Proficiency in proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to work a minimum of 10-15 hours a week for at least three months, or a mutually set schedule.
- Ability to work virtual or in the office.
The Grant Writer Intern will report directly to the Turner Center Executive Director, and at times, may work closely with other staff or board members for specific grant opportunities.
To request an interview, contact Executive Director Sementha Mathews at 229-247-2787 or at email@example.com.