The Office Manager serves as a knowledgeable representative for all activities held at the Turner Center, including the Gift Shop, venue rentals, ticket sales, class schedules, etc. As a valuable part of the Center’s team, the Office Manager will organize and manage information for staff, patrons, guests, and volunteers to further promote the mission and drive awareness of the Turner Center.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists staff with a variety of office tasks, such as filing, answering phone, generating reports, setting up for meetings, reordering supplies, and other duties as required.
- Greets and assists visitors.
- Provides staff and Art Ambassadors with weekly reports of upcoming classes and events.
- Coordinates and oversees ticket sales for the Broadway productions of the Presenter Series utilizing the Eventbrite system, as well as overseeing the tickets sales of other events, classes and workshops, etc.
- Oversees the operation and inventory of the Center’s gift shop and the Red Owl partnership.
- Assists the PR/Marketing Administrator in managing the Center’s membership database and assisting the Executive Director in delivering timely communications to members, donors and sponsors.
- Assists the Art Education Administrator in organizing class rosters, calling students, etc.
- Assists Curator in the setup and breakdown of special events.
- Passionate believer in the arts as an economic driver and quality of life necessity.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Communications, or a related field preferred and a minimum of five years of applicable experience.
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Eventbrite preferred.
- Skilled in modern computer technology, graphic design, Excel and other job-related software programs.
- Skilled in preparing clear and precise reports, problem solving, prioritizing and planning, interpersonal relations, and verbal and written communication.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
Click HERE to Download the Job Description.
Click HERE to Download the Application.
To be considered, applicants must submit a completed application form (above) to the Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts, 527 N. Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA 31601, or email to Sementha Mathews. The Turner Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.