Additional Information on Executive Director Position at the Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts 1.8.18
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: LVAC Board
The Lowndes/Valdosta Arts Commission, Inc., dba the Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts (TCA), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please refer to website, www.turnercenter.org, for detailed policy statement.
Job Purpose: The Executive Director shall provide innovative, visionary, responsible leadership to continuously and steadily move the Turner Center for the Arts toward its short-term and long-term goals. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Turner Center’s staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director shall have duties and responsibilities associated with the position, including but not limited to the following:
- Be responsible for the management and administration of the day-to-day business operations of TCA.
- Serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member on the Board, the Executive Committee and all committees, and report to the President, and as appropriate, to the Executive Committee.
- Serve as the primary representative and spokesperson to the general public, the news media and to governmental agencies.
- Supervise staff, establish job descriptions and performance standards, and conduct annual staff evaluations.
- Maintain open and productive communication with the TCA Board of Directors, the Center for the Arts Guild and all stakeholders.
- Promote a visionary and strategic direction for TCA.
- Oversee physical facilities.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence through:
- rigorous program evaluation
- consistent adherence to standards of finance and administration, fundraising, communications and operational systems
- recommendation of timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize Turner Center administrative team, volunteers, Board members, committees, partnering organizations, funders and patrons.
- Guide the development, maintenance and support of a strong Board of Directors.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities (including grants) to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously monitoring the Center’s fiscal needs.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use partnerships and relationships to create new funding opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Work with the Board and administrative team to implement and complete the strategic business planning process for program growth into new markets.
- Work toward building partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders and political and community leaders in each potential new market.
The Executive Director must be thoroughly committed to the LVAC/Turner Center mission, and possess proven leadership, coaching and relationship management skills. Other qualifications include:
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus five years of management experience
- Past success working with a Board of Directors
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion, vision, integrity, positive attitude, dedication to mission and self-direction are all desirable attributes
- Ability to work flexible hours
Candidates should review the job information and submit a cover letter, with salary requirements, and current resume via e-mail by February 16, 2018, to:
******Attention: Planning Chairperson******
Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts
Email Information to: [email protected]
527 North Patterson Street
Valdosta, Georgia 31601